*January 11 - January 31*
When Should I Fast?
1. When you feel pulled to get closer to God.
2. When special needs arise.
a) Public calamity - 1 Samuel 31:13
b) Private affliction - 2 Samuel 12:16
c) Approaching danger - 2 Chronicles 20:3
d) Affliction of others - Psalm 35:13
e) Ordination of ministers - Acts 13:3; Acts 14:23
3. When you need power from God.
How Do I Fast?
1. Absolute Fast - to give up food and water.
(Moses in Exodus 34:28, Deuteronomy 9:9, 18; Saul in Acts 9:9)
2. Normal Fast – to give up food and just drink water.
(Jonathan in 1 Samuel 20:34; David in 2 Samuel 3:35; Jesus in Matthew 4 and Luke 4.)
3. Partial Fast (or Daniel Fast) - to abstain from certain foods. (Daniel 1:12 & 10:3)
4. Sundown Fast - to eat one meal a day after sundown.
5. Idols Fast - to give up unnecessary pleasures or distractions.
What do I do while fasting?
1. Pray (Daniel 9:3)
2. Humble yourself (Deuteronomy 9:18; Nehemiah 9:1)
3. Confess and Repent (1 Samuel 7:6; Nehemiah 9:1-2)
4. Read and memorize Scripture (Jeremiah 36:6)
For more information, click here
DAILY PRAYER NEEDS
DAY 1 - Pray for the lost to come to know Jesus!
DAY 2 - Pray for revival in our land!
DAY 3 - Pray that we will develop Godly habits that last!
DAY 4 - Pray for children and teens to follow God’s plan!
DAY 5 - Pray for LSC to continue to reach people in creative ways during this unusual time!
DAY 6 - Pray that we will all stay committed to fasting this month!
DAY 7 - Pray for missionaries and people in other countries!
DAY 8 - Let’s pray for our nation and for wisdom for our nation’s officials.
DAY 9 - Let’s pray for North Carolina - human trafficking & 4th in decline in church attendance.
DAY 10 - Let’s pray for Lee County’s and Harnett County’s officials.
DAY 11 - Let’s pray for unity in our nation to rise, and hatred and racism to cease.
DAY 12 - Let’s pray for local businesses and business leaders to thrive in 2021.
DAY 13 - Let’s pray for teachers, parents and students.
DAY 14 - Let’s pray for first responders!
DAY 15 - Let’s pray for the Coronavirus to be eradicated!
DAY 16 - Let’s pray for those suffering from anxiety and depression
DAY 17 - Let’s pray for people to be set free from addictions.
DAY 18 - Let’s pray for marriages to be strengthened and spouses to come together.
DAY 19 - Let’s pray for people who need a physical healing.
DAY 20 - Let’s pray for people’s mental health.
DAY 21 - Let’s pray that people will not create habits to isolate themselves.